Search This Blog

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Fresh Pasta

 

I spent this Sunday driving back and forth along the northern coast of Massachusetts.  By five o'clock, I was still in the car and I still had to go to the supermarket so we could have food in the house.  I stopped home before heading on to get groceries, and I was just...plain...spent.  But then, just when I thought I couldn't go on, I walked into the house to find Jim making...wait for it...fresh pasta!!!  Happy Sunday, one and all!  The grocery store can wait until after work tomorrow.  I'm going to eat some delicious homemade, hand-cut pappardelle.  Then I will indulge in a delicious cannoli we brought home from the North End this afternoon.  For those of you who are still deciding on Modern Pastry versus Mike's...I'm a Modern girl all the way.  So excuse me while I go into my food coma now.

Fresh Pasta
makes 2 lbs

6 eggs
4 cups of all-purpose flour

Put the flour in the bowl of a standing mixer.  Create a well in the center and put in the eggs.  Attach the dough hook, and combine until the dough is formed.  If your dough is not coming together, add water - about 1 tablespoon at a time - until it does.  On a lightly floured surface, roll out your dough until thin.  If you have a pasta maker, this part should be extremely easy.  Once rolled out, you can cut the dough into strips of pasta.  You can make them any width you'd like.  Jim cut them about 1/2 an inch wide, creating pappardelle.      As you cut the pasta, set them aside on something they won't stick to.  Jim used a flat bed sheet draped across the dining room table - whatever, it worked.  Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and add the pasta.  Let cook for about 2 minutes.  Drain and serve with any sauce of your choosing.  Mangia!





HyperSmash.com

No comments:

Post a Comment