Search This Blog

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Quick and Easy Naan Bread Greek Pizza


I have to go back to work tonight.  This means I need to leave work, get Adrienne from day care, get her home, make dinner, eat dinner, and drive right back to work.  It's nights like these that make you want to grab fast food on your way to the next location.  I need something super quick and super easy...hence the "quick and easy" part of this recipe.  It is so quick and easy that I can cook it, eat it, and blog about it before I need to go back to work - and it was so tasty, I just needed to put this idea out there for all my other super busy mom-friends.  Adrienne likes it too!

I love doing a Greek pizza this way, but feel free to use the Naan bread idea with any toppings you'd like.  I'm sure it would be delicious.  I usually use pita to make these, but I just happened to have whole wheat naan bread sitting in my fridge.  I like it so much better than pita pizzas!  It will be naan bread pizza from now on.

Naan Bread Greek Pizza
makes 4 servings

2 pieces of whole wheat naan bread, cut in half
4 tsp olive oil
1/2 cup reduced fat feta cheese, crumbled
1 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
1 can artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed, and chopped
1 yellow tomato, thinly sliced

On each half of naan bread:
Drizzle with a teaspoon of olive oil
Crumble 2 Tbsp of feta on top
Add some of the chopped artichokes to your liking
Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of the mozzarella
Top with a couple of slices of tomato.

Heat in a toaster oven at 400 degrees for about 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted.  Then switch to toast for another 5 minutes.  It should be slightly crisp and browned when ready.  Serve with tatziki sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment