Search This Blog

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Roasted Brussels Sprouts


I went to the mall today and was perusing baking dishes - held a pretty blue one in my hand for awhile and debated purchasing it - decided against it because I really don't need another baking dish.  I have a perfectly good one.  Fast forward five hours later...I had a perfectly good one.  This post does not have a happy ending.

On my list of "Things I Love" are brussels sprout trees...and thankfully they are back at Trader Joe's.  I love brussels sprouts, but seeing them right on their stalk makes me love them even more.  They are oddly intriguing.  So after being all revved up to eat my delicious brussels - after preparing them and waiting the 45 minutes for them to roast - I dropped the whole thing on the floor.  I haven't been this broken up over food since the great Mexican Wedding Cookie incident of 2007.  The sadness lingers.  At least this blog can serve as some mild (and free) therapy.

Roasted Brussels Sprouts

One stalk or package of brussels sprouts
2 Tbsp Olive oil
salt and pepper to taste


Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Spray a baking sheet or dish with non-stick cooking spray.  Cut your brussels off the stalk if necessary.  Cut the ends of the brussels and remove any dark green, dirty, or bruised leaves.  Put them in your prepared dish and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.  Bake for 45 minutes, tossing frequently to make sure they brown evenly.  Remove from oven.  Do not drop on floor.


www.Hypersmash.com

No comments:

Post a Comment