Search This Blog

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Artichoke-Olive Crostini


This is one of my favorite spreads to prepare for a party.  It's simple, healthy, and delicious.  All of my friends and family enjoy it - vegan and non-vegan alike.  Also, my husband loves it even though he really dislikes artichokes.  So I decided to prepare it for tomorrow's staff holiday party.  Not only has it always been a crowd pleaser, but it's the easiest recipe ever to prepare.  I'm serious.  It's been a very long week - this will taste amazing with a nice glass of wine.


Artichoke-Olive Spread
adapted from Mario Batali via Smitten Kitchen

1 cup pitted olives (I used kalamata, but green also work really well - I've done both.)
1 15-oz can artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
1 garlic clove, peeled and pressed
1 Tbsp capers
1/4 cup olive oil

Place all the ingredients in a food processor and process until at your desired consistency.  I like it to have a little texture.  That's it.  You're done.  I told you it was simple.

To make some crostini...

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Slice your bread into 1/4 inch slices and brush with a little olive oil.  Bake for 7 minutes on parchment lined baking sheet.  Serve with your artichoke-olive spread.



HyperSmash.com

No comments:

Post a Comment