Search This Blog

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Honey Balsamic Carrots


Why is it that even when I try to make my life easy when it comes to dinner, I still mind myself compelled to cook?  Is anyone else like this???  On my way home from work, I decided to grab a rotisserie chicken (yummy) and a box of stove top (whole wheat - in an attempt to make myself feel better about eating boxed stuffing - a guilty pleasure.)  But what's dinner without some vegetables?  I am a firm believer in well rounded meals - especially since Adrienne has come to eat at our table with us.  So I could easily throw a salad together.  No work whatsoever, but I have little desire to eat another salad when I eat it all week for lunch.  So this leaves me with no other option but to cook up a vegetable dish.

These honey balsamic carrots are my second favorite way to prepare carrots.  My first is mixed in with all kinds of different potatoes, onion, and garlic, and roasted under a beautiful chicken.  Well, since I do not have the time to roast a chicken tonight, I need to go with the next best thing...honey balsamic glazed carrots.  They are easy to prepare and very delicious.  I love the salty, tangy, sweet combination from the salt, balsamic, and honey respectively.  Not to mention that when carrots are roasted, they become perfect sweet bites of deliciousness all on their own.

Honey Balsamic Carrots
from Budget Bytes

3 lb. carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch peices
salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp butter

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Combine the carrots, olive oil, salt and pepper and spread evenly in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet.  Roast the carrots for 40 minutes, stirring once halfway through.  During the last 10 minutes, begin to prepare the balsamic glaze.  Put the balsamic vinegar and honey in a small saucepan.  Simmer over medium heat for about 8 minutes or until thickened.  Then remove from the heat and stir in the butter until melted.  Once the carrots are finished cooking, combine then in a serving bowl with the balsamic glaze and toss to coat.  Serve while still hot and enjoy!


www.Hypersmash.com

No comments:

Post a Comment