Search This Blog

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Kale Chips













I came home this afternoon ready to make some veggie burgers for dinner and was contemplating a side dish...and then I saw the head of kale in my fridge.  It was time to finally bust out some kale chips!  If you love roasted brussels sprouts (a big yes for me), then you will absolutely love these.  They taste just like those crispy little brussels sprout leaves that I love so freakin' much.  I used cooking spray to eliminate the fat and calories from oil, but you could easily use a tablespoon of good oil instead.  I have one of those pump spray contraptions that spray your olive oil, but I hate the way it works.  So as prepared below, these kale chips have little more than vitamins, minerals, and yumminess.

Kale Chips

1 bunch of kale, large stems removed
cooking spray
salt to taste
1 tsp smoked paprika (optional)

Place your oven racks in the middle and top of your oven and preheat to 300 degrees.  Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil.  Tear of the kale leaves into potato chip size pieces and place in a single layer on the two baking sheets.  Spray the kale chips lightly with cooking spray and toss.  Spray once more and toss again.  Toss with salt to taste and smoked paprika (if using.)  Rearrange the kale into a single layer and bake in the oven on the two racks for 10 minutes.  Switch the trays and bake for another 10 minutes or until crisp.  If they aren't crisp yet, leave them in a little longer.  (The curly-style kale took longer than when I used a flatter Tuscan kale.)  Enjoy warn or cooled!





HyperSmash.com

No comments:

Post a Comment