Search This Blog

Friday, February 22, 2013

Healthy Strawberry Milkshake


I love my green smoothie, but I like to switch things up occasionally (not to mention that sometimes I run out of greens and haven't had a chance to go shopping.)  This is a delicious substitute.  There are no greens, but there is fruit - so it still fits that bill.  It ends up tasting like a strawberry milkshake - I swear I'm not kidding!  You could play around with it - sprinkle some graham cracker crumbs on the top, add whip cream, a couple of slices of strawberry - but as is, it's a great, no fuss light breakfast.

Healthy Strawberry Milkshake
serves 2-3 people

1 cup frozen strawberries
1 cup frozen mango or peaches
1 banana
2 Tbsp ground flax seed
2 cups 1% milk
1 cup coconut water
1 tsp vanilla

Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.


www.hypersmash.com

No comments:

Post a Comment