Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Adobo-Maple Glazed Bacon on B-L-A-T Sandwiches


B-L-A-T sandwiches are a very quick and easy weeknight meal.  In case you don't know what I mean when I say "BLAT sandwich" - I mean a BLT with avocado.  We don't do BLTs without avocado in this house.  If I could eat avocado with every single meal, I absolutely would - but it might taste pretty funky with spaghetti and meatballs...or pancakes...or well you get what I mean.  So I was thinking about how I could turn our average BLAT sandwich into something special tonight, and the thought of the delicious avocadoey goodness made me think of Mexican food....which made me think of chipotle...and bacon makes me think of breakfast...and pancakes...and maple syrup - and eureka!  ChipotleMaple Bacon!  So I decided to mix those things together and brush that magic on our bacon before baking it in the oven.  My husband's words were this exactly: "That was the best BLT I've ever had...bravo."  You can make your own call though.

Adobo-Maple Glazed Bacon

1 16-oz package of bacon (I use nitrate-free - I think this kind takes much longer to crisp)
1 Tbsp of the adobo sauce from a can of chipotle peppers
1/4 cup maple syrup

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and place a wire baking rack on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.  Place the strips of bacon on the rack.  The baking sheet below will catch the bacon grease.  If you are going to make the whole package of bacon, you will need to make two separate trays.  Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.  While it is baking, mix together the adobo sauce and maple syrup in a small bowl.  Then brush the bacon with the glaze, flip over, and glaze the other side.  Return to the oven and check your bacon after another 10 minutes.  When it's done, the ends of the bacon will have curled.  You don't want to overdo it because it will continue to crisp a bit after you take it out of the oven.  If you think your bacon needs to cook more, continue baking, but check on it after another five minutes.  I like my bacon a bit on the floppy side - not at all crispy - but everyone has their own bacon preferences, so cook it to your desired doneness.  When it's done, it's ready to serve...so enjoy it while it's hot!




Hypersmash.com

No comments:

Post a Comment