Search This Blog

Friday, April 12, 2013

Baked Cod with Parsley-Lemon Chimichurri and Mediterranean Potatoes







I have been too busy these last few weeks to blog anything.  I have cooked nothing new, and if I had, I certainly would not have had the time to take pictures or write about it.  Between work and school and Adrienne, I've been a very busy momma.  It's been such a long time since I've blogged a recipe that I think I forgot how - I already posted this five minutes ago without any back-story...unacceptable.  It's just that I hear Adrienne and Jim in the background having so much fun, that I can't be much longer.  So - very quickly - I will share this fantastically healthy recipe with you all.  If you want a very healthy and simple way to cook fish and potatoes in just one dish, then here is your answer.  The potatoes were so unbelievably flavorful with only the tinsiest bit of olive oil.  I would have never thought to add olives to my potatoes, but it worked so well!  All the flavor from the garlic, shallots, and olives really made the need for copious amounts of oil obsolete.  That, and the cod was cooked perfectly.  So if you want a healthy and light one dish fish recipe, then this is a winner.

Baked Cod with Parsley-Lemon Chimichurri and Mediterranean Potatoes
from America's Test Kitchen

2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp lemon juice
4 large red potatoes, about 1-1/2 pounds, thinly sliced
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 shallots, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp kalimata olives, chopped
4 6-oz pieces of cod (or any other white fish)
salt and pepper

Place your oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees.  Combine 1 Tbsp of the olive oil, the parsley, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a small bowl and set aside.  In a large bowl, combine the potatoes with the remaining olive oil, garlic, shallots, and olives.  After spraying a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray, add the potatoes in an even layer.  Bake in the oven for 45 minutes (The recipe said 30, but after the whole process was complete, my potatoes were still raw.  I would go for 45 instead.  Check to see if they are tender before adding the fish.)  While the potatoes are cooking, season your cod fillets with about 1/8 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper.  Then once the potatoes are removed from the oven, place the fillets (skin side down if they have skin) on top of the potatoes.  Return the dish to the oven and cook for another 25 minutes.  Top each cod fillet with some of the parsley-lemon chimichurri and enjoy.






www.hypersmash.com

No comments:

Post a Comment