Search This Blog

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Orange Teriyaki Chicken Skewers



I can't believe I haven't posted since Mother's Day.  It's just been a very crazy month.  I did not have it in me to take pictures of my food - but I wasn't very adventurous with my cooking anyway these last few weeks.  This weekend has been hideously hot and tonight we decided to grill it up.  I decided to try out a new marinade and it was very worth it.  It's basted onto the chicken skewers right before the chicken is done cooking.  It came out fantastic.  In the future, I would even consider using this sauce in a stir fry.  It would taste just like orange chicken.

Orange Teriyaki Chicken Skewers
adapted from Barbara Bakes
made 6 skewers

For the glaze:
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon ginger, finely grated
1 tablespoon orange zest
1 clove garlic, finely grated or pressed
1/4 cup rice vinegar
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons orange marmalade
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
1 tablespoon honey
dash of red pepper

For the skewers:
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
veggies of your choice, cut into chunks

Put the oil in a small sauce pan over medium heat.  Add the ginger, orange zest, and garlic and cook for about 2 minutes.  Add the remaining ingredients and combine.  Cook, stirring occasionally, for about five more minutes.

Assemble your skewers, alternating chicken and vegetables.  Just before the a finished cooking - about 15 minutes (or once the internal temperature of your chicken reaches 170 degrees,) - brush the skewers with the glaze.  Allow to cook another few minutes so the glaze can caramelize onto the chicken a little bit.  Serve with rice or some pita bread.


www.Hypersmash.com

No comments:

Post a Comment