Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Piña Colada Popsicles


If you have a good blender and some popsicle molds, then there is no reason to ever buy popsicles from a store.  That being said, I think everyone should invest in a good blender and some popsicle molds.  I actually use my Nutribullet for this recipe.  It is the perfect size to make 6 popsicles.  I add the can of coconut milk and then just fill it with the fruit until it goes to the max line.  It fills the 6 popsicles molds perfectly - no space left, no liquid left.  Is that some OCD bliss or what?!

These popsicles taste like a piña colada.  If you want the "real" thing, add a few tablespoons of rum.  I went virgin since my three year old will be sharing the batch with me.  You could also do strawberry daiquiri popsicles, or perhaps my personal favorite frozen drink, the Miami Vice - which is a piña colada alternated with a strawberry daiquiri - best of both worlds, people.  I bet that would make a lovely photo too.  I will need to try it myself.

Piña Colada Popsicles
makes 6 popsicles

1 can of lite coconut milk
3 Tbsp light brown sugar (taste as you add the sugar and use less or more if you prefer)
2 cups of frozen pineapple chunks (I am sure you could use fresh as well.)

Place all the ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.  Fill up your popsicle molds, cover, and freeze overnight.  Is it possible to make an easier frozen treat??? Hypersmash.com

No comments:

Post a Comment