Search This Blog

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Rosemary Roasted Tomato Bruschetta


What do you do when you have a bowl full of tomatoes straight from your garden?  Well I've alreay made my roasted tomato sauce this week (see previous post.)  So we are on to bruschetta!  Nothing betta than bruschetta.  That should definitely be its slogan.  Found this amazing looking recipe from Bon Appetit.  Normally when I roast tomatoes, I use basil.  So I was excited to use rosemary instead.   Why didn't I think of that???  I love rosemary - it's one of my favorites - and we also happen to have a crapload of it growing out back.  The recipe also included proscuitto, but I really didn't think it was necessary and chose to omit it so the focus would be on the tomatoes.  The recipe also called for some micro greens tossed with lemon juice, which I'm pretty sure would be an amazing addition - but I unfortunately didn't have any on hand.  However, I am going to make this all the time.  I want to eat this every day for the rest of my life.  So one day in the future I will include the greens and update you all.

Rosemary Roasted Tomato Bruschetta
adapted from Bon Appetit 
makes 12 servings

1-1/2 lbs plum tomatoes, cut in quarters lengthwise
6 Tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp rosemary, finely minced
3/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp fresh coarsely ground pepper
12 slices of baguette, 1/2-inch thick
12 Tbsp part-skim ricotta

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.  In a mixing bowl, combine the tomatoes, oil, garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper.  Let stand for 5 minutes.  Lift the tomatoes from the marinade with a slotted spoon and lay out cut-side down on a foil-lined baking sheet.  Roast in the oven for 25-35 minutes until the tomatoes are browned and blistery.  (My tomatoes were on the small side, so they only took 25 minutes.  Larger plum tomatoes will need longer.  Keep on eye on them at the 30 minute mark so they don't burn.)

While the tomatoes are roasting, brush the baguette slices with the remaining marinade (make sure to get some of the minced garlic on the bread!)  Once the tomatoes are done roasting, lower the oven to 350 degrees.  Then bake the bread for 10 minutes.

To assemble the bruschetta, spread 1 Tbsp of ricotta on each slice.  Sprinkle with some more pepper if desired.  Then top with some of the roasted tomatoes.  Enjoy!



www.HyperSmash.com

2 comments:

  1. Oh my GOSH, this looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I swear it tastes even better than it looks :)

    ReplyDelete