Search This Blog

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Garlic Shrimp Bake




I'm going to start off a bit negative...I hate taking pictures of my food in the winter.  I lose the light way before dinner is finished cooking and I just can't seem to get the hang of using the flash to get the job done.  So unfortunately, I tend to blog way less in the winter months.  However, this is one of my top five weeknight recipes.  It's quick and easy and so delicious that I need to stop myself from licking the dish as I clean up.  I tend to make it in the winter because it requires the oven.  (Once summer hits I switch to my stove top shrimp tacos.)  This dish is so good that every time I make it, I ask myself why I don't make it every week.  The answer is only because I like to cook so many different things and try out so many different recipes.  So I just had to take pictures and share this recipe as much as I don't feel compelled to go through the process when it's such a struggle to get a good picture.  I did the best I could.  As the shrimp bake, I cook a quick side of string beans or broccoli and some rice.  Tada!

Garlic Shrimp Bake
slightly adapted from Gimme Some Oven
serves 2-4 (if you can hold yourself back from eating half the dish)

1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
4 garlic cloves, minced
3 Tbsp white wine
salt and pepper to taste
4 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
2 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
2 tsp grated romano cheese

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.  Meanwhile, combine the shrimp, garlic, wine, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl and pour into a baking dish.  In another bowl, combine the butter, panko, parsley, and cheese.  Top the shrimp evenly with this mixture.  Bake in the oven for 16-18 minutes, until the shrimp are cooked through - pink and opaque.  Serve immediately with some veggies and enjoy.  (I told you this was the easiest recipe!)


HyperSmash.com

No comments:

Post a Comment