Search This Blog

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Raspberry Chia Jam


I am not a vegan - I eat absolutely everything (except radishes...I hate radishes.)  I am, however, at the risk of making my husbands eyes roll, a foodie.  So I am willing to try almost anything if it has visual appeal and uses amazing ingredients.  It is because of this (and a fellow food lover/vegan friend) that I have recently fallen very much in love with the Oh She Glows Cookbook.  (I am linking to her web site where she uses the following jam recipe to make jam filled oat bars...I will definitely be trying that one day.)  Just yesterday, I made three of the recipes - all delicious - but this jam is nothing less than stunning.  If the pictures haven't won you over, let me continue to try.  The jam was so easy to make that words can't do it justice, and it is waaaaaay more delicious than any jam you'll ever get at the store.  I hate the fact that jarred jams have so much sugar in them - and some of those sugars are as unnatural as it gets.  Well this jam is too easy, too healthy, and too delicious to eat any other type of jam ever again.

Raspberry Chia Jam
recipe from Oh She Glows

makes 1/2 cup
1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries (I used fresh)
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1 Tbsp chia seeds
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

In a medium saucepan, heat the raspberries and maple syrup over medium-high heat.  Once the mixture comes to a simmer, lower the heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.  Then mash up the fruit with a fork or spoon, mix in the chia seeds, and cook for another 15 minutes or so, stirring frequently, until it is a good consistency.  It will firm up more as it cools.  Lastly, stir in the vanilla.  Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.


www.hypersmash.com/hostgator/

No comments:

Post a Comment